10 CEUs | 50 mins.
This Module introduces you to the functions of the nervous system and the structure of the brain. The Module ends with a discussion about cognitive skills and how learning changes through the aging process.
- To identify at least 3 functions of the nervous system
- To distinguish between crystallized and fluid intelligence
- To identify and describe the function of at least 2 major cognitive domains
- To distinguish between implicit and explicit long-term memory
Other Courses in this program
- Module 1: Population Aging: Trends and Challenges
- Module 3: Background on Alzheimer’s Disease and Related Dementias
- Module 4: Behavioral and Psychological Symptoms of Dementia
- Module 5: Theory and Practice
- Module 6: Ten Steps for Treating BPSD and Evidence-Based Practices
- Module 7: General Considerations for Successful Programs
The Dementia Practice Guideline for Recreational Therapy consists of seven parts. A certificate of competition and 10 CEU credits will be awarded upon completion of ALL seven parts.
This session content is CE Pre-Approved by NCTRC.