10 CEUs | 106 mins.
From diagnosis to progression, this Module reviews the most common types of dementia. Learn how these cognitive changes impact your TR services.
- To identify at least 3 different types of dementia
- To describe the symptoms of Alzheimer’s disease over the course of the disease process
- To distinguish between Alzheimer’s disease and related dementias
Other Courses in this program
- Module 1: Population Aging: Trends and Challenges
- Module 2: Learning, Memory, and Cognition with Age
- Module 4: Behavioral and Psychological Symptoms of Dementia
- Module 5: Theory and Practice
- Module 6: Ten Steps for Treating BPSD and Evidence-Based Practices
- Module 7: General Considerations for Successful Programs
The Dementia Practice Guideline for Recreational Therapy consists of seven parts. A certificate of competition and 10 CEU credits will be awarded upon completion of ALL seven parts.
This session content is CE Pre-Approved by NCTRC.