10 CEUs | 122 mins.
This Module will review the descriptions and primary goals for each BPSD. You will be introduced to the theory of unmet needs and approaches to support your programming.
- To identify at least 2 verbal aggressive and verbal non-aggressive behaviors
- To identify at least 2 physical aggressive and physical non-aggressive behaviors
- To define the 5 A’s of Alzheimer’s disease
- To distinguish between delirium and dementia
- To describe the theory of unmet needs
Other Courses in this program
- Module 1: Population Aging: Trends and Challenges
- Module 2: Learning, Memory, and Cognition with Age
- Module 3: Background on Alzheimer’s Disease and Related Dementias
- Module 5: Theory and Practice
- Module 6: Ten Steps for Treating BPSD and Evidence-Based Practices
- Module 7: General Considerations for Successful Programs
The Dementia Practice Guideline for Recreational Therapy consists of seven parts. A certificate of competition and 10 CEU credits will be awarded upon completion of ALL seven parts.
This session content is CE Pre-Approved by NCTRC.