10 CEUs | 128 mins.
This Module discusses the 10 steps for treating BPSD using evidence-based practices. The Module will review how to identify behaviors, determine goals, select assessment instruments, choose interventions and more!
- To identify and distinguish between the 5 A’s of Alzheimer’s dementia
- To describe the interaction between background and proximal factors associated with BPSD
- To discuss at least 3 distinct best practice behavior basics to maximize positive interactions with persons with Alzheimer’s dementia
- To explain the pertinence of Progressively Lowered Stress Threshold Theory
Other Courses in this program
- Module 1: Population Aging: Trends and Challenges
- Module 2: Learning, Memory, and Cognition with Age
- Module 3: Background on Alzheimer’s Disease and Related Dementias
- Module 4: Behavioral and Psychological Symptoms of Dementia
- Module 5: Theory and Practice
- Module 7: General Considerations for Successful Programs
The Dementia Practice Guideline for Recreational Therapy consists of seven parts. A certificate of competition and 10 CEU credits will be awarded upon completion of ALL seven parts.
This session content is CE Pre-Approved by NCTRC.